Little Adjustments

10.01.2014

I always dreamed of the perfect apartment that was a manifestation of a Pinterest Board meets an Anthropologie catalog with everything in the right place, color coordinated to a T. Having my own place has made me realize it will never be impeccable like I imagined. When I first moved in, I never felt satisfied looking at my apartment, constantly criticizing every nook and cranny. It took me a while to truly appreciate my space and understand the value of small projects and little adjustments. I've come to a place where I am very proud of my slightly crooked yet charming Brooklyn pad. DIY's like spray-painting a vintage-inspired bicycle hanging to creating a personalized gallery wall  gave my place that je ne sais quoi I was craving. Choosing the right furniture was also key for me in creating a space that was comfortable and stylish. I tend to spend a lot of time on my laptop in bed answering emails, eating midnight snacks and binge-watching Friends. Beauty sleep is also incredibly important to me. I love sleeping and getting a good night's rest is key to keeping up with my crazy schedule. Upgrading to the Simmons Comforpedic IQ™ from Beautyrest mattress was definitely the best adjustment I made to my apartment. It is super high-tech with Smart Response Technology offering personalized support plus it has Ultra Cool Memory Foam keeping it nice and cool. It really feels like sleeping on air and I've been recommending it to everyone and I love having it chez moi. My humble abode may never appear in a magazine or a perfectly curated Pinterest board, but it's incredibly cozy and I've worked hard to make it a place to call home. 
This post was sponsored by Beautyrest, who gifted me the most comfortable mattress I've ever slept on!

6 comments:

Rachel Martino said...

Love it! Building your own space is so exciting and comforting; a little nook to call your own.


Emily.


zuzankosjournal.blogspot.ca

Rachel Martino said...

Ta robe est superbe, et toi aussi comme d'habitude :).
Gros bisous
http://makeupforunhappyskin.blogspot.fr/

Rachel Martino said...

I love it ! :)

Rachel Martino said...

Super article et tu es superbe!!

Bisous

Tiff

http://mabulledepensees.blogspot.fr/

Rachel Martino said...

Your little adjustments make this room looks super cool, Specially the wooden shelf with make up brush.


Women's Clothing: Buy Online‎

Rachel Martino said...

J'ai le même poster de Manhattan que toi !! Tu l'as acheté près de Union Square ?
:)
Toujours aussi sublime !
Tu me rappels mon voyage de cet été !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...