Paris in Brooklyn

12.26.2013


Top: Nasty Gal, Skirt: Pinup Couture, Shoes: Kenneth Cole (old), Clutch: Vintage (similar



Sometimes you see an article of clothing so perfect for you that you can't have it fast enough. The first time I saw this print, I was at a party and I saw a girl wearing the dress version. It was love at first sight, I swear to God I almost attacked this poor woman. Fortunately, she was a darling and told me the brand, Pinup Couture, where she got it, a shop in East Village called Enz's and was even nice enough to tell me about the sizing (often a challenge with vintage or vintage-inspired clothing.) When Enz's didn't have it, I visited my favorite local retro shop in Williamsburg, SlapBack. They didn't have the dress, but they had the skirt, which I loved even more. The M fit my waist like a glove and I had the hem taken up a few inches for my petite (read short) frame. I love everything about it, the full skirt, the length now just below the knees and of course, the beautiful Paris print on the robin's egg blue fabric. I love modernizing the look by wearing the skirt with a crop top (like here at the Birchbox event with the fabulous UK blogger Lily Pebbles). In this shoot, I'm wearing it with a long-sleeved backless number from Nasty Gal and my favorite worn-in Kenneth Cole shoes.

P.S. these photos were shot on an unusually warm day in December when it was 66 degrees (19 Celsius) 

I loved shooting this look so much, I couldn't help but include more photos. Click "read more" below! 





12 comments:

Tiff said...

I really love this outfit you are super cute!!!!

http://mabulledepensees.blogspot.fr/

Maêva Martin said...

T'es tellement belle Rachel! You're PERFECT ♥

Bisous,
Maêva blogueuse: http://quotidiendunefille.blogspot.fr/

Sophie W said...

Tu es trop belle ! J'adore tes cheveux. Et ta tenue est magnifique, je pense qu'il faut mieux avoir la jupe que la robe, avec un haut noir c'est parfait.

glaceauchocolat said...

Tu es sublime, rayonnante, pétillante, chic, classe et cool, tout ça juste en toi :)

Oceane Pejot said...

Rachel, tu es vraiment sublime! J'aime beaucoup cette tenue et elle te va très bien!

Sara Chergui said...

Rachel you look gorgeous ! I love the pictures and the outfit ! I'm so happy you are back to blogging !
Giveaway on my blog, win a bottle of Burberry Brit !
Sara,
http://thecrimeofashion.blogspot.fr

PoppyLaRousse said...

I really love love this look ! J'ai eu peur au début j'ai cru que tu avais fait ce shooting malgré le froid ! You look lovely !

Sophie said...

Les photos sont juste sublimes, ça se voit que tu te sens vraiment bien dans ta peau dans ce style là.
Des bisous Rachel! ♥

Maelynn said...

Wouaw ! Ce look te va vraiment bien ! La jupe peut vite devenir too much, mais le reste de la tenue, sobre, calme le jeu ! Osé et parfait !

Camille said...

La tenue est vraiment chouette et ça te va hyper bien!

Virginie FALZONE said...

Waouh, such a great look Rachel
The print of the skirt is amazing !!!!
Love so much your outfit
Kisses from France
Virginie
http://www.mademoisellevi.blogspot.fr

Plumes-et-paillettes said...

C'est sublime Rachel ! :-)
J'ai découvert ta chaîne Youtube il y a peu de temps seulement (honte sur moi ! ;-) ) et waouh quel bonheur de regarder tes vidéos. J'ai un blog mais pas de compte Youtube. Cependant, je regarde très souvent les vidéos de Youtubeuses et j'ai eu un vrai coup de cœur pour les tiennes ! Tes articles/vidéos sont super ! Tu es pétillante et super naturelle ! Bref, c'est un vrai plaisir de te suivre !
Bises
Plumes-et-Paillett

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...