My Accutane Experience and Post-Accutane Skincare Routine

5.04.2012

Hey everyone! I wanted to do a little blog post about my skincare routine. As you might know I struggled with moderate acne ever since I was in high school. I tried everything, topicals and different antibiotics to try to clear up my skin but nothing seemed to work. Last summer I decided to go on Accutane. My dermatologist okayed me for the treatment and I started my 6-month cycle in September. It was a difficult drug to be on and I had the common side effects of dry skin and lips and even suffered mild eczema which I've never had as a result. After it was over, however, my skin had never looked better! I haven't had a pimple in over 3 months!


This photo shows month 1, month 3, month 5 and post-accutane!
This is my new routine that helps with my biggest skin issue now, acne scars. 


Morning

I start by using my Clarisonic Pro with the Origins Checks and Balances Frothy Face Wash. I love the way this cleanser feels and smells! I've had my Clarisonic for over a year and I can honestly say it was worth the investment. My skin is softer than ever and I feel confident that the topicals I use are really being absorbed into the skin. The Clarisonic cleanses makeup 6x better than a washcloth alone and helps products absorb 61% better. Click here to learn more about the sonicare skin benefits. If I am in a rush in the morning I will use the Olay Skin Smoothing Cream Scrub so I still get the exfoliation. Next I use the Caudalie VinoPerfect Radiance Serum. I love this product because it absorbs quickly into the skin and doesn't use some of the harsh ingredients some of the other complexion-correcting products have. Also, because it is so thin and absorbs so quickly so it lasts longer, which is good because it is a splurge at $79. Then I use the Caudalie Beauty Elixer which imparts a lovely glow and acts as a toner to close the pores before applying makeup. I also spritz it after applying all my makeup to help set it.


Night

At night the most important thing is to make sure I get all the makeup off my face! To do this I use the Philosophy Purity One-Step Cleanser which really works to remove all the makeup in conjunction with my Clarisonic Pro. Then I apply the Caudalie VinoPerfect Radiance Serum again to really combat my acne scars. Lasty I use one of two creams: the Mario Badescu Moisture Magnet or the Olay Night of Olay Firming Cream. Both are very hydrating and I switch back and for the depending on which one I feel like using!

Have you guys tried any of these products? What's in your skincare routine?


8 comments:

Irina said...

hi Rachel! I'm on my final month of Roaccutane right now and my skin has never looked better, i'm so loving it :X My skin got veeeery dry, but i used a lot of the creams&cleansers from the Avène brand, i find them so soothing. You should know the brand, since you've been to France (and that's where they're originally from).
Oh, and i'm a french student myself, but i must say i love your accent, it's much nicer than mine. i speak like a 100% french girl, so there's no charm in it :(
keep up the good work, i'm loving your videos& blogs!

Rashed Khan said...

Hi There, I just spent a little time reading through your posts, which I found entirely by mistake whilst researching one of my projects. Please continue to write more because it’s unusual that someone has something interesting to say about this. Will be waiting for more!
https://twitter.com/drbajoghli/

Desiree Garza said...

Hi, I'm about to start taking Accutane. What we're some of your side effects?

Janet said...

Hi,

I had a question about the accutane - since it's been a while since you've taken it, did you find it changed the quality of your skin after you finished your course - as in you do you find yourself getting burned in the sun a bit more easily or are you more prone to wrinkles/dryness?

thank you for any insight in advance.

Ersin said...

I am truly delighted to read this post regarding accutane and its treatment,which contains plenty of helpful facts, thanks for providing these data. Great article, exactly what I needed.

Buy Accutane

aliena josph said...

I was prescribed Accutane about 10 years ago and it worked wonderfully for about 8- 9 years. In the last couple of years I began to break out again and so I was recently prescribed Accutane again.Mike Walden Review

Lam Lam said...

Thank you for sharing your skincare routine! I have been trying out different products to control the side effects of Accutane! My skin has been butually dry! Definitely will give this products a try!

http://sweetbubbliciouslove.blogspot.com/

mason richard said...

Thanks a lot for sharing the nice information.. good one

How to use Accutane

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...